Monday, April 18, 2016

"Blue Ridge" juried into Watercolor USA 2016, Springfield Art Museum

Blue Ridge 21 x 21

"Blue Ridge" will be exhibited in the Watercolor USA  2016 Exhibition at the Springfield Art Museum.

This is the 55th National Annual Exhibition. It was organized in 1962 by the Springfield Art Museum. This event's goal is to attract the best in in contemporary American Watermedia and strive to exhibit work by artists who push the boundaries of the medium.

The judge is Lynne Warren ,Curator of the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago.
http://sgfmuseum.org/182/Watercolor-USA-2016
Opening June 3 5:30 to 7:30

June 4 to August 28

I picked this one to enter because it was very windy on Mt Diablo and this painting took all of my ingenuity to get it painted at this size, since the painting board acted like a sail.
I felt I pushed the boundary of what size painting I can comfortably paint outdoors. This is the first of a series of plein air watercolors this large.

Here are some photos in the frame for scale.



Thank you to Springfield Art Museum for these photos of the exhibit.
I wish I could have gone to the reception.


Post a Comment