Featured Post

Award of Excellence in Watercolor at the 16th American Impressionist Society Exhibit at Trailside Galleries, Scottsdale

 After the Fire Vlll won the Award of Excellence for Watercolor at the 16th Annual Exhibit of the American Impressionist Society at Tr...

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Luminous Meadow


Luminous Meadow 14 x 21 Plein Air Watercolor

This was painted at Carmel Mission Ranch during a light drizzle that was followed by a luminosity that I tried to capture. The cloud cover thinned enough to let the light through and the scene in front of me glowed. In addition to the atmosphere, I liked the pattern of colors that the grasses made, they were cropped by sheep to expose gold, copper , green and blue green areas that remind me of water.

Here are some earlier phases of the painting to give you an idea of my process:

" Luminous Meadow", in Process

This has the shadow from my easel on  the top but I hope you get the idea.

"Luminous Meadow " in process
Post a Comment