Featured Post

CaliforniaWatercolor.com in the Early California Style Award in 8th Annual Signature Watermedia Exhibition

Curry Point November just won the CaliforniaWatercolor.Com Award  (In the Early California Style)  in the 8th Annual Signature American Wa...

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Summer Hill, Upper Valley 18 x 24

Summer Hill Upper Valley 18 x 24

Some paintings take a LOONG time, I 've had this one on the easel for months.
 I did not want to stop painting it.
 I saw a painting of this hill by Arthur Hill Gilbert about three years ago and I have been hunting for this hill  ever since.
I am in love with this hill. The rounded slopes of the grassland remind me of sculpture and the oaks and chaparral are full of strong  exciting colors and textures.
Here is a detail of the chaparral:


Post a Comment