Featured Post

15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibit Fallbrook Art Center

The 15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibition opens this weekend (Mar 16-Apr.14) at THE Fallbrook Art Center. This prestigio...

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Santa Cruz MAH Plein Air Affair Sneak Preview

Eucalyptus Forms 14 x 11
Quiet Saturday Morning 11 x 14


Ravine and Fog 11 x 14


Here are the other three paintings I finished for the Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History. As you can see, it was mostly foggy when I painted but I am happy with these. It was my most challenging painting conditions, damp foggy and cold but I compensated by painting smaller, using a smaller brush and drying the paintings off in the car!
The fourth painting, San Vincente Canyon, Davenport was already posted as the demo in the prior post.
A Link to the web Site for the event is athttp://santacruzmah.org/

5 comments:

Jared Shear said...

Beautiful work Robin!......I especially like the Eucalyptus painting on the top. Thanks for the sneak peak.

Pablo VillicaƱa Lara said...

Ravine and Fog! Love the way the colors are sinking into the ravine.
Beautiful work again! congratulations on all your recent activities and honors!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Hi Robin - More beauty but I especially love the Quiet Sunday Morning. Everything seems to be slipping into Mother Earth!

I just left an award for you at Landscape into Art (be sure to read the caveat at bottom!)

Marian Fortunati said...

Gorgeous work!! It almost looks like you could feel the little hills and valleys... as if it were stuffed fabric!...
I love them all and enjoyed the demo as well.
Came across your blog from Linda's. - A lucky internet jump. :)

Robin Purcell said...

Thank you Pablo, Suzanne, Marian and Jared for stopping by my blog!