Featured Post

15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibit Fallbrook Art Center

The 15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibition opens this weekend (Mar 16-Apr.14) at THE Fallbrook Art Center. This prestigio...

Monday, November 10, 2008

Valley Vertigo Watercolor of Carmel Valley


Valley Vertigo 21 x 14
This is a half sheet I started in Carmel Valley way back in May after the Carmel Art Festival. It was painted near the top of El Caminto, which has unbelievably beautiful views everyway you look. It overlooks Holman Ranch which was closed last year because of construction. I ended up doing a lot of painting on the foreground in the studio but the horizon and upper third were pretty much what I did on location.

2 comments:

Brent Perkins said...

I like your style: Great color schemes and wonderful compositions.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Wow, Robin! What's wrong with me? I've been away from your blog far too long. All of these are fantastic. I'm putting you in my reader right this minute.

This Valley Vertigo is quite stunning - that red in the right foreground is particularly effective.