Featured Post

Verdant Morning

  Verdant Morning 9 x 12 watercolor on paper . I still love to paint the  greenest California Hills in Spring.

Friday, December 7, 2012

"Arche at Point Lobos" selected for 4th Annual Signature American Watercolor Exhibition in Fallbrook

"Arche at Point Lobos" 13 x 18

I am pleased to announce that "Arche at Point Lobos" has been selected by juror, Cheng-Khee Chee, AWS, D.F., NWS, for the 2013 Signature American Watercolor Exhibition at the Fallbrook Art Center.

Opens: Feb 3, 2012 
 Closes: Mar 17, 2012 

Here is a link to the exhibit page for more information:

fallbrookartcenter.org/

6 comments:

Maggie said...

I just found your work. It is beautiful! You've so caught the beauty and spirit of California.

Henry Hanson said...

Awesome, creative and celestial artwork. Love t very much. Really too gorgeous looking and plentiful...

Jesrah said...

Oh you have such lovely paintings! I love how unique the colors are; not at all what I think of when I think of a "plein air" painting. And there is something in their arrangement and form that is in keeping with their Californian origin (so I think, anyway, as a southern Californian).

I am also curious as to what watercolor brands you use? I've only ever used student-grade, no-name watercolors and I'd like to invest in some watercolors that can give me as vivid colors as the ones you have used.

Robin Purcell said...

Maggi, Henry and Jesrah, thank you for your comments. Jesrah, any of the professional grade artists pigments will be fine, they have high pigment content, that said I usually use Winsor and Newton, Daniel Smith or Holbein. What surprised me is how when I switched to 300 lb hot press, the colors stayed on the surface and did not go pale when drying.

Clipping Path Center said...

Really nice work. Thank you for sharing with us. Carry on.....

Nancy McKinney said...

You've got the golden touch.

Visit Here: clipping path company