Featured Post

15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibit Fallbrook Art Center

The 15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibition opens this weekend (Mar 16-Apr.14) at THE Fallbrook Art Center. This prestigio...

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

On Location in Malibu : California Art Club at the Weisman Museum ,Pepperdine



My two paintings as displayed at the Frederick R. Weisman Museum ,Pepperdine University, On Location in Malibu

Corral Canyon watercolor on Arches 13 x 17

Zuma Canyon watercolor on Arches, 14 x 21


I have two paintings on exhibit at Pepperdine until August 9. The California Art Club web site has the entire exhibit online at http://californiaartclub.org/resources/malibu09.shtml I had two days to paint there, so I painted ridges since I am most comfortable painting them. There are 60 painters whose work is on exhibit , mostly oil paintings and landscapes as well as a few figurative works. The quality level is very high from what I see online and really speaks to the whole Malibu experience from the mountains to the beaches and the people. I saw and admired this exhibit in 2005 and I am thrilled to be a part of it this time.

I have not gone yet, but hope to this summer. Two of the exhibiting artists, Micheal Obermeyer and Larry Cannon were kind enough to send photos of my paintings hanging in the museum.



4 comments:

Leenie said...

Been lurking through your blog for a while. Right now I'm sitting here with a tray full of cobalt blue and winsor yellow and a piece of Arches all stretched and waiting. Trying to get courage to either ruin it and learn something, or produce. You work is inspiring. The bright colors are so harmonious not jarring.

Marian Fortunati said...

I saw the show, Robin, and plan to go back. (It was very crowded on opening night and I want the chance to really, really look.) It is a beautiful diverse show and your paintings are wonderful.

Robin Purcell said...

Hi Leenie, thanks for visiting and remember, it's only a piece of paper! My color guru is Jean Dobie, her book "Making color sing " is a classic if you want to see some great color therory and its application. Marian, I hope to get down there sometime in July...what a beautiful place to paint and visit.....

Eric Merrell said...

Hi Robin,

Great to see your work in the show. I brought my landscape painting class over to see the show after painting at El Matador Beach. They thoroughly enjoyed your pieces!