Featured Post

Evening Breakers

 Evening Breakers. I tried to depict the light carving the forms of  the waves in this seascape from Malibu. Watercolor on paper 8 x 16 .

Friday, May 28, 2010

Sneak Peak of New Publication "Splash 11" on Amazon.com and Five Watercolorists at the Epperson Gallery

Northlight Books Biannual Publication series of the Best in Watercolor has just published the latest edition " Splash 11 New Directions". I am pleased that my painting "A Tangled Place" is included in this book which includes only  111 Artists who entered the competition.

 I usually paint panoramas and began looking in a new direction, directly in front of me as I tackled the challenge of abstracting a foreground. Amazon lets you look inside  and my painting is in the samples  selected.


 A Tangled Place 14 x 14 


Carpet of Flowers 12 x 16 Available at the Epperson Gallery


One of the reasons I was able to succeed with this new direction is that I was interested enough to create a series of the same theme and explore variations.
Another painting in this series, Carpet of Flowers, is a part of the five watercolorists exhibit at the Epperson Gallery, Crockett, on display now through July 11th , with an opening reception June 5, 5 to 7.
Other watercolorists in this exhibit include Linda Sutton, Dick Cole and Michael Reardon who all do some of the most beautiful and accomplished paintings in watercolor I have ever seen.
I am thrilled to be a part of this exhibit and hope to see you at the reception.

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

VERY VERY VERY cool, Robin... Your work is always a joy!!

Robin Purcell said...

Thanks Marian! iam waiting for my book to arrive, I can't wait to see all the paintings!