Featured Post

15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibit Fallbrook Art Center

The 15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibition opens this weekend (Mar 16-Apr.14) at THE Fallbrook Art Center. This prestigio...

Friday, May 9, 2008

New Camera Test

Old Camera

New Camera
What a difference! I manipulated the top one a lot to get any color in the top of the painting , but the lower part is really too bright. The bottom one is more in balance, but overall paler than the actual piece. It was taken outside in the shade.I need to figure out how to take pictures of my paintings with my new digital camera. It is an Olympus 850, shock proof and waterproof. My old 35 mm had been dropped so many times but kept working until last month. Any suggestions for a complete novice would be helpful. For instance I did not plug my camera into the computer ,I took it to Wolf Camera and had them make prints ( which are great) and a CD.......is this how you do it?

2 comments:

Catherine Lindberg said...

Hi Robbin,

I have an HP "All In One" Printer. It has 4 card slots. All I have to do is put my memory card into the appropriate slot and then the computer opens up Iphoto and says "ready to import photos" All I do is click on import.

I love it, no cables, no hook up. I can take a photo outside in the yard, and have it on my computer screen less than 5 minutes later.

Glad to hear you are keeping busy. I have a home show that weekend of the Carmel show.

Catherine

Randy Smith said...

Hi Robbin,

I been a photographer for something like 40 years so when I started painting I was pretty particular about my images. Turns out that the images are often better than the paintings! But, that's another story.

Anyway, I get the results I like buy uploading the images into my computer and tweaking them there. A program like Abobe Lightroom is pretty easy to use and will allow you to get just the right colors and values to match your original.

Taking them in for processing is convenient but without any control over the results there will almost always be something that's "off".

Your work in wonderful and the bright colors are such a key component that it seems a shame not to be able to adjust them to match the originals.

Go for it - it's fun!

Cheers,

Randy Smith
http://olddogarts.blogspot.com/